Here is some information to get you started:
- Learn about City Year
The more you read, the more you get to know…
City Year is a non profit organisation that unites a group of diverse young people in a year of full time service, giving them the skills and opportunities necessary to change the world. City Year provides a rigorous year of full-time service, leadership development and skills training to young South African volunteers (Service leaders) between the ages of 18-25 years. But that’s just the start…visit our website to learn more www.cityyear.org.za
2. What will you do as a Service Leader?
- Tutor/mentor children through the City Year Children’s Club (after-school programme)
- Implement various projects within the school and surrounding community
- Attend training sessions to equip yourself with the skills necessary to provide quality service in schools, enhance your future prospects and develop your leadership capacity
3. What kind of candidate are we looking for?
Every Service Leader is unique and brings with them their own skills, experience and talent. However there are core skills/experiences that make you a stronger candidate.
The ideal Service Leader is someone who demonstrates or possesses the following:
- A passion and love for working with big groups of kids
- The ability to work on a team – you will work with a diverse group of people!
- Some volunteer experience – to understand how hard volunteers need to work
- Commitment – City Year is not easy, so we look for people who are committed to sticking it out
- Leadership skills – we are looking for people who can, and have, demonstrated their leadership skills
- Is confident and well presented
- Has begun thinking about their life after City Year
- Is self disciplined, and focused
- And most importantly – wants to make a difference in the world!
Visit our website now to find out more and download an application form www.cityyear.org/joincy